The HP LaserJet Pro M118dw was designed to deliver professional quality prints consistently. This monochrome laser printer is best suited for home offices and small business users who want high productivity printing equipment with low operating costs. This HP printer supports wireless connectivity, which means you can easily connect it to your other wireless devices. The print quality of this laser printer is really good as it can provide bold text and crisp graphics without compromising on speed. If you use a high-yield toner cartridge with this printer, you can significantly reduce its printing cost.
In this driver download guide, we provide HP LaserJet Pro M118dw driver download links for Windows, Linux, and Mac operating systems. We have made sure that you will only find genuine HP drivers that are fully compatible with their respective operating systems. Apart from printer drivers, we also provide their installation guide so that you can install them properly on your computer. If you’d like to install the HP LaserJet Pro M118dw wirelessly on your wireless network, we’ve provided installation guides for connecting to a Wi-Fi router and via the HP Smart app.
Steps to Download HP LaserJet Pro M118dw Drivers
Follow below download steps to get your HP LaserJet Pro M118dw driver configuration file:
- Find the operating system where you want to install your HP printer in our list of operating systems.
- Click the Download button associated with the version of the operating system you selected to begin downloading your HP printer driver.
- HP M118dw driver for Windows XP, Vista, Server 2008 (32bit) – Download (59.6 MB)
- HP M118dw driver for Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32bit/64bit) – Download (129.6 MB)
- HP LaserJet M118dw driver for Server 2008R2, 2012 (32bit) – Download (17.2 MB)
- HP LaserJet M118dw driver for Server 2016, 2019 (32bit) – Download (17.2 MB)
- HP LaserJet M118dw driver for Server 2008R2, 2012 (64bit) – Download (19.3 MB)
- HP LaserJet M118dw driver for Server 2016, 2019 (64bit) – Download (19.3 MB)
- HP LaserJet Pro M118dw driver for Mac OS 10.9 to 11.2 Big Sur – Download (9.1 MB)
- HP LaserJet Pro M118dw driver for Linux, Ubuntu – Not Available
- Download the driver directly from the HP LaserJet Pro M118dw official website.
How to Install HP LaserJet Pro M118dw via Wi-Fi Router
You can configure this printer wirelessly with your wireless network by connecting it to your Wi-Fi router. Before starting this setup process, make sure that your wireless router is turned on and working properly.
- Turn on your HP LaserJet Pro M118dw printer and its Wi-Fi light will blink.
- To activate WPS mode, press and hold the Wi-Fi button for about 5 seconds.
- Once WPS mode is enabled, you will see the Wi-Fi button (blue) and the ready light (green) blinking simultaneously.
- Now go to your Wi-Fi router and then press and hold its “WPS button” for a few seconds. Your Wi-Fi router’s power button will start blinking, which means it is detecting other wireless devices.
- Your printer’s blue and green lights will blink briefly. Finally, the green light will turn off and the blue light (Wi-Fi button) will stop flashing. This is an indication that your HP printer is now connected to your wireless network.
- After successfully connecting your HP LaserJet Pro M118dw printer to your Wi-Fi router, you can use other devices connected to your Wi-Fi router to operate this printer.
How to Install HP LaserJet M118dw via HP Smart App
You can configure this wireless HP printer with your wireless network using your wireless device. Follow the below steps to set up the HP LaserJet Pro M118dw printer using the HP Smart app.
- Go to the Apple App Store (for iOS devices) or the Google Play Store (for Android devices) using your wireless device. Search for “HP Smart”, then download and install the HP Smart app on your device.
- After installation, run HP Smart App.
- Press the “Continue” button to continue.
- Tap the “No” option to opt-out of sharing your usage data with HP. If you wish, you can choose to share your usage data by selecting the “Yes” option.
- Tap “Configure New Printer” to begin the installation process.
- Tap the “Add your first printer” option.
- The app will search for your printer but cannot find it. Tap “Add Printer” to continue.
- Tap “Allow” for the HP Smart app to send you notifications.
- When the “Connect to Wi-Fi” message appears, go to the Home screen without closing the HP Smart app.
- From the Home screen, tap the “Settings” icon to open the device settings.
- In the Settings screen, select the “Wi-Fi” option.
- From the list of Wi-Fi devices, find and select “HP Setup M118dw LaserJet”. The exact name may be different, but the name you choose should mention “configuration” and “printer model name”.
- Your machine will attempt to connect to the HP printer you selected.
- Return to your device’s home screen and tap the “HP Smart App” icon.
- Wait for the application to detect your HP LaserJet Pro M118dw printer.
- Enter your wireless network “password” and then press the “Continue” button to continue.
- Wait for the printer to connect to the Wi-Fi network.
- When the printer connects to your Wi-Fi network, the Wi-Fi button light (blue) stops blinking.
- When you see a “Printer connected to Wi-Fi” message, it means that your printer is ready for use on your wireless network.
- After successfully setting up your HP LaserJet Pro M118dw printer using the HP Smart app, you can use your wireless device to send print commands to that HP printer.